Thursday, October 6, 2011

A nice little touch...

I haven't been able to blog for quite a while.  So much to do in wedding planning, who would have ever thought?  Blogging is just one of my last priorities right now since I am still trying to have a normal sane life outside of planning for a wedding.  But I just thought I would write about this project that I finished a couple of weeks ago.

This project was super simple.  I bought this plain navy blue shirt-dress on sale at Wet Seal for about $10.



I really liked the fabric and cut but it was just a little too short... You can't really tell it's length from the picture, but the cinched waistline falls above my actual waistline and the hem of the skirt falls on my mid-thigh.

All I did was measure the hem line and cut a strip of cream fabric.  I sewed a couple of strips of lace in layers to the cream fabric strip and then attached the strip to the end and--voila!


I also used the remaining strip of lace for a little sash, but this is totally removable.  I am not sure if I really like it even...


Part of the reason being I feel like a little girl with it.  


But anyways, that's about it!  I thought I might use this for my engagement pictures, but I decided against it, thankfully.  I will most likely wear this, but I think I look a little pregnant in it.

Anyways, I am trying to get more sewing done so hopefully I will have more stuff to blog about.  I am currently working on a Halloween costume!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I like what you did with it. A very cute refashion.

    ReplyDelete